Tuesday

1.3.23

 

It’s been pretty hard for me recently and nothing ever feels right so I think maybe the best thing to do is go on autopilot… by that I mean just copy/paste cute looks onto myself and not worry about it too much.

I think this year I will take some inspiration from Georgie and just choose a year of gyaru inspo for my overall lifestyle/aesthetic. I was thinking which years would be best and right now I’m going in between 2008 & 2009.


These are the years where I first became familiar with gyaru, when I still had a lot of spunk and creativity and (in my opinion) these were the last years where gyaru was still something truly unique, before a lot of the trends in were clearly western influenced.

Also these happen to be the years I have the most print mags of…


Because I’ve been going through a lot I’m thinking it may just be better to have a hair color that doesn’t take a lot of upkeep and bleaching. I’ve been having dark hair for a while and it’s super boring but I was thinking about maybe doing a jet black or a very dark blue black, because it’s an intentional color and would be easier to keep looking nice… I’m really not sure on this because there’s another part of me that wants to do a nice ash blonde.

Whatever I choose, my main goal for the next few months is to be a fake nuts or jelly model. The clothing and styling you see in 2008/2009 nuts and jelly is much simpler without being simple and it’ll give me a break from sensory overload with my dia belts and jewelry.

My goal for the next week is to look at archives of old nuts/jelly models and decide on what a good capsule wardrobe would be for the next month or so.


Hopefully this is the year I fall back in love with gyaru, because I miss it and my old lifestyle a lot and it would be nice to have some comfort right now.


6 comments:

  1. Wow... I was checking your blog out yesterday & today you posted 0.0 Thank you so much for such post, by being yourself & going with whatever feels right for you, you inspire others as well. I adore Nuts & Jelly so I'm looking forward to such posts! You know what? I've been maintaining my natural dark brown hair colour for so long because I could not keep up with doing the roots every month so I just went for an ombre technique.
    Sending you a hug <3 Don't push yourself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your comment on my other post is a big part of why I chose to make a new one, it was a really sweet message and it gave me enough motivation to take some pictures and share a bit, so really thank you very much!! ╰(*´︶`*)╯♡

      Delete
  2. I can't wait for you to come back to gal in full force 💖

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol I can’t wait either! I hope that feeling of confidence returns soon..

      Delete
  3. Happy New Year babe! Hope you achieve all your goals this year 🙏💞

    ReplyDelete
  4. HNY bby 💖💖I love the idea of living like you're a fake model from your fave mag... I wanna do the same! 😍😍

    ReplyDelete